When Jesus Comes Again
1. From heaven.
2. On the clouds of heaven (see this post for a further explanation).
3. In the form of His human nature.
4. As a man.
5. Not in humility but in glory.
6. Without sin, that is, no longer as the Surety bearing guilt.
7. With His angels, the heavenly host who will serve Him in everything that is associated with His return.
8. According to some, accompanied by the spirits of believers who have already gone to heaven, which, it is thought, is to be found in 1 Thessalonians 3:13 (“with all His saints”), 2 Thessalonians 1:10, Jude 14.
9. As a thief in the night, not only for unbelievers but also in a certain sense even for believers since they never know the hour exactly.
10. For all together as in the same moment, as a lightning bolt that shines from east to west.
11. Not only visibly but also audibly, with a shout and the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet of God.
12. With His manifestation and cry, causing the resurrection of the dead and gathering them for judgment, so that at His coming believers lift up their heads with joy, meanwhile unbelievers weep.11. Geerhardus Vos, Reformed Dogmatics (R. B. Gaffin, Ed., A. Godbehere, R. van Ijken, D. van der Kraan, H. Boonstra, J. Pater, & A. Janssen, Trans.) (Vol. 5, p. 288). Bellingham, WA: Lexham Press.